Groundwater Ag-Chem Plume Investigation and RemediationCentral Wisconsin Back to Main Project Gallery
Active Ag-Chem Mix/Load Facility
Sand Creek performed groundwater sampling at an active ag-chem facility in Central Wisconsin that identified the presence of a nitrate-nitrogen and pesticide plume extending nearly two miles through a residential neighborhood and village.
Project work included:
- Mapping the plume and projecting peak plume concentrations by installing monitoring wells and using wells and data from five existing LUST sites.
- Notifying residents (>75 homes) within the plume area of the risk of using private well water.
- Identifying and sampling private wells (>20).
- Sampling of private wells leading to the abandonment of impacted wells or restriction of well use.
- Mapping of the plume involved a synthesis of aquifer, geology, basin and bedrock geometry, and other data.
Regulators reference this case as a sample project for sites with complex data and impacted private wells.